What's new

[GUI BUG] Samba: Maximum number of concurrent connections.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
RT-AX86U 386.5_2

The nvram variable st_max_user is shared between Samba's max connections and vsftpd's max_clients.

On the FTP GUI page the input field has an input length of two characters and is validated as 1 to 99.

On the Samba GUI page the input field appears in two different parts of the code. In the first position it has an input length of only 1 character, even though it might be set as (and display as) 99. There is conflicting code in function validForm() where st_max_user is checked at the beginning as being between 1 and 9, and then the code repeats at the end with a check between 1 and 99.

So it looks like code was added to the Samba page to support 1 to 99 but the existing code for 1 to 9 wasn't removed. (I can't think why new code was added rather than just changing the existing code.)

Last edited:
I have a note in my TODO list about reviewing the SMB page in particular, there are a few issues with it (particularly following the 47885 merge). I haven't had time to look at it yet.

Saw that the recent update (386.7) allows 99 concurrent connections in the GUI, up from 9 before. Thanks.

There is still a bug however in the user permissions shown for R/W, R, and No columns. I have two USB sticks attached to an RT-AC68U, and the stick on the USB2.0 port has two partitions. One FAT32, and the other NTFS. The folders under the NTFS partition does not properly update permissions settings when I click between two different Samba users. I have to first refresh the page (http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_AiDisk_samba.asp) and then select the user before opening up the drives to see permissions.... possibly a quirky enough situation that it appliers to exactly one worldwide user.