What's new

Hacked wifi/network and computer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

routerinfection

Regular Contributor
Im going to purchase a new router with a strong firewall and a new pc so I can remove the access point from the intruder, but the problem is that I was told I have to keep my modem/router from spectrum connected as well or I wont have wifi. Do I need to get a new spectrum router/modem as well from my network provider before I install my new router so there intruder wont have access to the spectrum router/modem which has a very weak firewall. Sorry if this sounds disrespectful but If you reply stating other methods of removing the malware I wont reply to your comment. There are cheaper/basic ways of solving this but this is the rout I'm picking. If there's any other advice you can give me regarding this method please reply thanks again!

Right, you have created a new thread because @thiggins closed the other one!

Sorry, I am unable to see how is this different. May be, some one can chip in. Best wishes!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!