What's new

Has anyone from the UK got an AX router without merlin on it working with SKY?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thewizard1241

Regular Contributor
My friend bought me a gift i had been talking about for christmas which is an AX82U, I believe this doesn't have merlin support, and the only way to get it to work is double NAT which gives it ping and packet loss issues during gaming.

I saw a thread where it showed NVRAM settings for MER authentication that sky uses, i wonder if anyone tried this and got it working on AX routers?

My friend bought me a gift i had been talking about for christmas which is an AX82U, I believe this doesn't have merlin support, and the only way to get it to work is double NAT which gives it ping and packet loss issues during gaming.

I saw a thread where it showed NVRAM settings for MER authentication that sky uses, i wonder if anyone tried this and got it working on AX routers?

People have done that by dumping the Sky router in favour of a DrayTek Vigor 130 modem run in bridge mode.

Search for "Vigor 130 with SKY " on the DrayTek UK forum.

...... connected to Sky FTTC (80/20) using a Vigor 130 bridged to an Asus AX88U (1483 Bridged IP LLC, VIP:0, VCI: 101, Multimode, MTU 1520) and the connection is very stable with upstream & downstream SNR of 5 (dB) ......................................

People have done that by dumping the Sky router in favour of a DrayTek Vigor 130 modem run in bridge mode.

Search for "Vigor 130 with SKY " on the DrayTek UK forum.
hi yes im going to go through this route expect the only issue is the AX82u doesnt have merlin support for dhcp option 61, so i was wondering if theres another way around this?

I still use the Sky Hub :mad: however I don't have issues with latency or packet loss.

I read that a lot of people found turning off IP V6 on the Sky Hub and relying on IP V4 helps resolve this issue. I also have my Asus router set as the DMZ device on the Sky Hub.

Make sure your WiFi channels used on the Asus router are different to those being used by the Sky Hub. If you turn off Sky WiFi completely the hub won't connect the voice service if your phone is plugged into the back of the hub - it's another known bug in the current firmware. If you have SkyQ they establish their own WiFi mesh to the SkyQ Minis and the only way to stop this is to switch them to ethernet only.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!