What's new

Has the Firmware Version Upgrade interface tab changed on RT-AC86U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JT Strickland

Very Senior Member
RT-AC-86U with Merlin 384.15, RT-AC68U aimesh node with same f/w, amtm, diversion, uidivstats, Skynet, scribe, uiscribe, conmon, spdMerlin, scmerlin, nsrum

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I searched and did not find anything, and I don't have another one to look at. It may just be my age and memory playing tricks on me, but this sure looks different to me. I don't remember seeing the "signature version" of 2.168 there before, but it could have been.

I don't know why, but I worry about being hacked, and I don't have anything worth hacking. This is a pic of mine, and if anyone can verify it is supposed to look like that, I will sure appreciate it.
edit: Is it unwise to post MAC addresses in a public forum?
TIA,
jts
upload_2020-3-26_17-37-37.png

Attachments

• rt-ac86ufirmwaretab.png
    rt-ac86ufirmwaretab.png
    402.1 KB · Views: 253
RT-AC-86U with Merlin 384.15, RT-AC68U aimesh node with same f/w, amtm, diversion, uidivstats, Skynet, scribe, uiscribe, conmon, spdMerlin, scmerlin, nsrum

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I searched and did not find anything, and I don't have another one to look at. It may just be my age and memory playing tricks on me, but this sure looks different to me. I don't remember seeing the "signature version" of 2.168 there before, but it could have been.

I don't know why, but I worry about being hacked, and I don't have anything worth hacking. This is a pic of mine, and if anyone can verify it is supposed to look like that, I will sure appreciate it.
edit: Is it unwise to post MAC addresses in a public forum?
TIA,
jts
View attachment 22200
2.168 is what I have.

OK, thanks, it must be my old age kicking in. The interface didn't look the same to me somehow. I was thinking it said router version where it says signature version. I just didn't remember it. Thanks for pointing it out, folks.
jts

OK, thanks, it must be my old age kicking in. The interface didn't look the same to me somehow. I was thinking it said router version where it says signature version. I just didn't remember it. Thanks for pointing it out, folks.
jts

I believe the signature bit appears when Trend Micro stuff is enabled.

OE

I believe the signature bit appears when Trend Micro stuff is enabled.

OE

Thanks, OE, but I don't have Trend Micro enabled, or the AiProtection, which I understand is the same. I have made it a point not to based on what I had read in the past. I do have diversion, skynet, and a few scripts installed. From what I've been reading lately, the Trend Micro stuff, or the AiProtection, seems to be more accepted.
Maybe my memory isn't as bad as I thought. quite.
thanks again,
jts

Thanks, OE, but I don't have Trend Micro enabled, or the AiProtection, which I understand is the same. I have made it a point not to based on what I had read in the past. I do have diversion, skynet, and a few scripts installed. From what I've been reading lately, the Trend Micro stuff, or the AiProtection, seems to be more accepted.
Maybe my memory isn't as bad as I thought. quite.
thanks again,
jts

If there is a Withdraw button displayed under Administration\Privacy, then something related to Trend Micro is enabled.

OE

If there is a Withdraw button displayed under Administration\Privacy, then something related to Trend Micro is enabled.

OE

That's it then. I enabled traffic monitoring and QoS maybe a couple weeks ago, and since turned them off adaptive QoS after it affected my upload ability. I don't really need to ration my 250/10 Mbps connection for me and wife with our current clients. It's not worth it if it degrades my existing performance.

I didn't realize that QoS was Trend Micro stuff. I guess I need to formally withdraw or add Aiprotection to my current scripts, but I don't want it to affect my hardware acceleration. Runner and flow cache are both still enabled, and I want to keep it that way.

It's good to know what caused it, I appreciate the help. At least my memory isn't greatly impaired. Maybe my judgement.
thanks again,
jts

I can still easily get 940 Mbps across the WAN with only Runner (or was it Flow Cache) enabled. Can't remember which one we lose when the Trend Micro stuff is enabled. Don't let this stop you from using any of the Trend Micro stuff if you have a desire to.

Adaptive (I think it is the adaptive version) QoS uses the Trend Micro DPI engine.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!