1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Hate to bring up an old topic, but...

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Swistheater, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Swistheater

Swistheater Very Senior Member

Does any one know what could cause acsd to go hay wire. I have only had issues with it once and it just started happening recently. i have had it happen twice where i have had to go in and end acsd with htop because of strange behavior where it was using up cpu resources. Note: this isn't a critical issue for me, but i just recently started to experience this bug like behavior and i went and did forum research and found a couple of threads where people suggest turning on and off WPS or turning off and on QOS or even setting a specific channel, but those solutions never really made the problem go away, they just temporarily fixed it. I am looking more so for ways to troubleshoot the issue v.s solutions. it is just recently on one of the new betas that i noticed the behavior forming. does the problem just go away eventually?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Vexira likes this.
  2. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Set a fixed channel, your network will be more stable that way anyway.

3. gattaca

gattaca Regular Contributor

^^^ Ditto. That approach has worked for me for many years. I do not live an denser apartment setting but I can see many of the routers in my neighbor's houses. I use InSSIDer (or similar wireless scanners available now on phones etc.. ) to survey and then pick my channels around that. I recall SNB having several articles around why this approach works better and which channels you should pick given what you find. I also think the ASUS/Merlin firmware can do a site survey. I've just not used it b/c I have other tooling.

Vexira, royarcher and Swistheater like this.
  4. royarcher

royarcher Senior Member

How do you get Merlin firmware to do a site survey?

Vexira likes this.
  5. Butterfly Bones

Butterfly Bones Very Senior Member

Wireless > Wifi Radar > Site survey

royarcher likes this.
  6. royarcher

royarcher Senior Member

Great stuff thanks