What's new

Having connection issues, would appreciate some advice.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

V_R

New Around Here
Hey guys, hopefully this is the right place to put this,

So I've been having some odd disconnects recently, and seemingly randomly too. Both the HG612 and N66U seem to still be connected and DSLStats which is running in the background shows no drops or resyncs, as does the connection stats from my ISP.

I also now and again get DNS issues in Chrome when loading pages, again randomly and they go and the page loads up just as quick as they appear.

I think its an issue with my router, but I'm not sure, so here are the logs from it below....

Does this give any ideas as to what might be the issue?

Router is an Asus RT-N66U running the latest version of Merlins custom FW.

Thanks for looking.

(the site doesn't like my router log, says I'm blocked so have attached a txt file.)

EDIT: Router log here as this site doesn't like me trying to paste the log file here.
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/f/4563910-connection-issues-have-me-stumped.html

It would seem your pppd connection is the issue. I would check need and configuration options for this connection. Do you use pppd to access your ISP's DSL network?

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply. Its a VDSL connection using PPPoE (UK).

All details are correct as far as I know, they've been the same for some time and not been an issue until now. Its just a user and pass for the ISP, All I've done is set some static address' for my main devices and I've added Google's DNS

Other than that its all a pretty standard setup.

VR, I am seeing similar if not the same issues you are since updating to the latest firmware realease 380.68. My internet connection on PPPoE seems to be dropping multiple times a day. I don't see any disconnect on my Verizon router that is just serving as a modem to my RT-AC88U. I also have an RT-N66U as an access point upstairs, so maybe there is an issue with the new firmware and PPPoE? It wouldn't be the first time. I am going to reset all settings to default when I get home, and see if that stabilizes things a bit. I'll report back my findings. Is anyone else seeing these issues?

Interesting..

I was debating doing a factory reset, but would like to avoid it if possible. But if it needs doing I will.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!