What's new

Having difficulty mounting RT-N66U attached USB drive to Ubuntu Server 13.10 - ???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BobMCT

Regular Contributor
I've been using this Merlin firmware versioned router for some time now and it performs wonderfully (Thank you Merlin).

I have a 1TB drive connected via USB to this router and I'm able to store my backups on that drive from my Windoze machines. However, I'm now trying to mount this drive onto my Ubuntu Server 13.10 machine and I'm not having any luck.

I thought someone here should be doing this so I'm hoping someone who has can post what entries they used to mount (cli or fstab) successfully.

Any suggestions/help?

Thanks all :confused:

I've been using this Merlin firmware versioned router for some time now and it performs wonderfully (Thank you Merlin).

I have a 1TB drive connected via USB to this router and I'm able to store my backups on that drive from my Windoze machines. However, I'm now trying to mount this drive onto my Ubuntu Server 13.10 machine and I'm not having any luck.

I thought someone here should be doing this so I'm hoping someone who has can post what entries they used to mount (cli or fstab) successfully.

Any suggestions/help?

Thanks all :confused:

Hi

Use NFS to mount the disk to your server. That is possible with the Merlin firmware.
Regarding fstab you can see an example in the following guide.

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/network-file-system.html#nfs-client-configuration

Good luck!

Michael

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!