What's new

Having Speed issues with Asus gt-ax11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hoooitz

New Around Here
I have a netcomm nf18acv as the modem/router i was given by my ISP. I bought the asus gt-ax11000 today and I'm getting 170Mbps down and 450MBps up. If i go directly from the netcomm I get the speeds I'm meant to be at which is 800Mbps down and 500MBps up. I've spoken with my ISP and everything is fine at their end. I've tried hours on the phone with Asus tech supoort and they have no idea what is happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have a netcomm nf18acv as the modem/router i was given by my ISP. I bought the asus gt-ax11000 today and I'm getting 170Mbps down and 450MBps up. If i go directly from the netcomm I get the speeds I'm meant to be at which is 800Mbps down and 500MBps up. I've spoken with my ISP and everything is fine at their end. I've tried hours on the phone with Asus tech supoort and they have no idea what is happening.

What I would do...

Factory reset AX11000. Setup it as Access point. Connect to Internet through netcomm. Test the speed again.

Disable HE support
Disable 160mhz channels
Disable auto select DFS channels, manually set your channel to 64 for 5G-1, channel 100 for 5G-2, assuming you are the only one in your neighborhood having routers support DFS channels. If the channel is occupied, change to other DFS channels manually.

See if these steps help.

(It seems like this router perform really bad in congested area. I believe it is a firmware issue. )

Ive taken the netcomm out now and the Asus is the only thing connected to my ONT. Just followed all the steps suggested by phantomRay and the speed test results are as follows

Ping ms
Download Mbps
Upload Mbps

All tests are being done on a wired connection

Did you do a factory reset as suggested above? Did you do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP?

What firmware are you running? Have you updated it? If you have, you need to do the above steps all over again. ;)

Ive taken the netcomm out now and the Asus is the only thing connected to my ONT. Just followed all the steps suggested by phantomRay and the speed test results are as follows

Ping ms
Download Mbps
Upload Mbps

All tests are being done on a wired connection

Can you try one more thing, disable the "Universal Beamforming" under the "Wireless" -> "Professional"? That is the only different setting I am having than yours.

I had trouble with the internet speed with my AX11000 routers last week, but after setting up fixed channels, it seems like they are working fine now. I can manage to get 460mbps our of my comcast 400/10 service, but not always. Before I configured to be fixed channel, the performance was crap, most of the time sub 300 or even barely over 200.

Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_5252

I have tried all the steps above and getting same results. Even re did it after factory reset. Cycled ONT and rebooted router

Maybe try the latest RMerlin firmware? After flashing it, be sure to do a full reset to factory defaults once more.

If the results are similar to what they are now, it may be a hardware issue we're seeing?

Please read the thread name, he is running AX11000, there is no Merlin firmware for that.

Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_5252

I have tried all the steps above and getting same results. Even re did it after factory reset. Cycled ONT and rebooted router

Weird, I am having the exact setup except I am using a optical to coaxial converter, and then it connects to my cable modem and my AX11000 connects to the modem.

Have you tried start AX11000 with your ONT off and then once AX11000 boot up, turn on the ONT? As it is mentioned in the manual, I had trouble with hot swap only my router when I first got it.

If there is no further firmware to try, it seems like a hardware issue then.

Sorry for forgetting that the GT ROG routers are not RMerlin powered. :)

Weird, I am having the exact setup except I am using a optical to coaxial converter, and then it connects to my cable modem and my AX11000 connects to the modem.

Have you tried start AX11000 with your ONT off and then once AX11000 boot up, turn on the ONT? As it is mentioned in the manual, I had trouble with hot swap only my router when I first got it.

Same results :(. Thank you for all the help though mate it is really appreciated.

Same results :(. Thank you for all the help though mate it is really appreciated.

Well... I had some troubles in the beginning and thought it was hardware issue, but after tweaking, it worked fine... however... still not convinced it is time to buy AX... trying to experiment for few more days and will make a decision to keep the AX11000 or the GT-AC5300

384_52xx uses an older wifi driver. I would wait for Asus to release a newer one, as they've made SDK updates with both 53xx and 56xx on the RT-AX88U (which shares the same wifi chips), listing Wifi improvements in the list of changes.

There are some wifi performance improvements on the 59XX firmware, but there are also alot of new issues that were not present on the 52xx, so you have to weigh your options. alot of people lost IPV6 capabilities on 59XX and report alot of GUI issues even after factory reseting and doing minimal setup. I will say though having it in AP mode or Double Nat mode (for vpn features) it works pretty well.

I will say though anything merlin has done on his firmware had drastically fixed alot of asus firmware issues.( or at least made it bearable to have an asus router) They should take him on as a consultant.

Hello ... just wondering if this problem was ever resolved? Just purchased an Asus GT-AX11000 and I've got the same issue. Downloading around 300Mbps, double that (600+) for upload. I'm on GB fiber and with a direct Ethernet connection I get ~950 down/800 up. Latest (384_7979) firmware.

Any help / suggestions / references, much appreciated!

Chris.

I upgraded my Asus GT-AX11000 with the latest firmware and my wireless speed dropped to a 3rd of befre. So now around 300Mb/s. Should I roll back to previous firmware?

I have been having speed issues lately, haven't had time to schedule tech to check cable. But ping issues just posted about also delays me calling them. Usually have to go through getting the 1st tech out then they escalate it to someone who knows what their doing, so need to resolve this b4 hand. If rolling back to previous release, do I need to completely reset router 1st?

It's all getting worked out slowly... would never say all the problems could be due to the latest firmware, it would be the 1st time any such issues ever since using Merlin... & that goes way back! Hope to catch others in here eventually talk this out....
Need to start a channel on "Telegram" app.... best way to do any conferencing, etc....

Last edited:
@coolbeans2016 I think you have an RT-AC3100, correct?

This thread is for the GT-AX11000. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!