What's new

HBS 3 NAS Backup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ernieqo

New Around Here
Hello,

I have had to completely rebuild my backup NAS (NAS 2).

I am trying to copy my data from my daily NAS (NAS 1) to NAS 2.

I have no experience with HBS 3 but have been advised it is the best way to copy the files (21 TB) over.
If there is a better or alternate way please advise.

I have set up a folder in my DataVol1 named Multimedia on both NAS. Under this folder I have set up the folders:

Movies
New Season Maybes
To Be Sorted
TV Series
Test 1

I have set up the folder "Test 1" to test the file copy (see pic NAS 1 Multimedia folder structure). The same structure is set up on NAS 2.

I copied folder Test 1 and several files to test the HBS3 app. This can be seen in the attached pic (NAS 2 after HBS3 Backup).

As can be seen HBS 3 has created under the folder "Test 1" sub folders called Backup1 / latest/ Multimedia/ Test 1.

Is there a setting in HBS3 that will not create the sub folders and just copy only to the original folder ?

Thank you

Just use xcopy or robocopy and let it go. Check to see if it's copied everything. Done.

I recommend using Robocopy, it will does the job and also alternatives like Fastcopy, Gs Richcopy and Goodsync can do it.
It depends on your needs for the backup process