What's new

HE Frames Settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Danifunker

Occasional Visitor
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a thread where rmerlin recommends to disable "HE Frames". I cannot find this setting and was hoping someone could help me locate it.

I've just got the RT-AX88U running 384.14

Is this an acronym for something?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a thread where rmerlin recommends to disable "HE Frames". I cannot find this setting and was hoping someone could help me locate it.

I've just got the RT-AX88U running 384.14

Is this an acronym for something?

Thanks a lot!

HE frames stand for high efficiency frame, they are required for wifi 6 or 802.11ax. If you want to disable it, you need to turn of wifi 6 standard and it can be done from wireless tab.

Thanks for the quick response; so you're saying to disable HE Frames I just switch the setting "802.11ax / WiiFi 6 mode" to disabled?

Thanks a lot! Btw I'm from Toronto but recently moved to southwestern ontario.

Thanks for the quick response; so you're saying to disable HE Frames I just switch the setting "802.11ax / WiiFi 6 mode" to disabled?

Thanks a lot! Btw I'm from Toronto but recently moved to southwestern ontario.

Yes, he frame is part of wifi 6, disable wifi 6 and you have disabled he frame as well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!