What's new

Help and Possible Upgrade Suggestions?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sammy2

Regular Contributor
I have on a couple of occasions recently had a total melt down of my network.

Everything will drop off and then internet will go away. I'll reboot the recently deployed Ubee modem and Asus AC3100 router along with its three AC68u AiMesh nodes to no avail with the router basically needing a factory reset upon which it says, "your ISP's dhcp is not working properly."

I can get internet access with my laptop connected straight to the modem but not through the router and the router will only have wireless clients in the table with no ethernet clients listed.

The error above is reported frequently in these forums as repeatedly occurring on Spectrum and Comcast and is attributed to occurring when the ISP rotates the dynamic ip address but that is probably, maybe, who knows, a coincidence or not..

Anyway if anyone else has had this issue a fix would be nice if you know of one.

Otherwise I am in for a relatively expensive overhaul and am looking for suggestions on routers. I like Asus routers a lot but this is getting ridiculous at this point.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I have on a couple of occasions recently had a total melt down of my network.

Everything will drop off and then internet will go away. I'll reboot the recently deployed Ubee modem and Asus AC3100 router along with its three AC68u AiMesh nodes to no avail with the router basically needing a factory reset upon which it says, "your ISP's dhcp is not working properly."

I can get internet access with my laptop connected straight to the modem but not through the router and the router will only have wireless clients in the table with no ethernet clients listed.

The error above is reported frequently in these forums as repeatedly occurring on Spectrum and Comcast and is attributed to occurring when the ISP rotates the dynamic ip address but that is probably, maybe, who knows, a coincidence or not..

Anyway if anyone else has had this issue a fix would be nice if you know of one.

Otherwise I am in for a relatively expensive overhaul and am looking for suggestions on routers. I like Asus routers a lot but this is getting ridiculous at this point.

TIA

No replies but I'm happy to report that my system came back on line.

I had Spectrum "Hit" the modem yesterday and then I pulled the power on it for about 10 minutes while my router was powered down.

I then powered up the modem and waited another 10 minutes before plugging in the router an powering it up. After a very long boot time (This RT-AC3100 takes forever to boot anymore?) the internet light went from red to bluish-grey and the error went away.

Then it took another very long time for the IP Address table to get populated with WiFi clients. I changed my gateway to my preferred ip address and changed the DHCP pool range as well.

Then one by one I put back in the ethernet cables into the router. My main PC needed a reboot before it would grab an address though.

So now all is on-line and I've gone through and re-done 2 of my 3 AiMesh nodes which in themselves takes 20 to 30 minutes each to configure.

I'm now also configuring my port forwarding and IP / MAC binding as well. All in all this will probably burn 6 to 8 hours of my life I'll never see again.

This happened to me previously about 6 weeks ago and I suspect it will happen again.. I read on here that this error occurs maybe when Charter/Spectrum rolls a new IP address for those with Dynamic IP's. I'm not sure that is the cause but I'm going to monitor my IP address going forward and if this happens again, see if it is related.

Is there any way known to prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks!