What's new

Solved [HELP!] Asus ac1900.merlin making loads.of DNS Requests to

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hype

New Around Here
I have an ac1900 with merin firmware, connected to raspberry pi using adguard and unbound.

The router itself 192.168.1.1 is shown in the DNS logs as making an insane number of DNS requests to sina.com whilst I have blocked this domain in the firewall and adguard block lists, does any one know what's going on ? How is sina.com related to Asus. Have a downloaded a compromised version or Merlin ?

Please advise as Google showing nothing in relation to this

Note all DNS requests are originating from 192.168.1.1 and not devices on the network, it's quite worrying not knowing what's going on here and we are taking 20k plus DNS requested per day.

I've started blocking devices from the Network but I've not found any that have made a difference so far.

12:09:31

www.sina.com

12:09:31

www.sina.com

12:09:21

www.sina.com

12:09:21

www.sina.com

12:09:11

www.sina.com

12:09:11

www.sina.com

12:09:01

www.sina.com

12:09:01

www.sina.com

UPDATE : SoRRY. I'm a massive helmet Asus has SINA.com as a default for dual lan failover set up !. I had this set up temporary my old ISP had a 3 month notice, but the new connection is installed.

It feaked me out as.we all know about the Chinese phone home devices

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!