What's new

Help backing up network drive attached to Router - Error 0-80070032

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sunbluesky

New Around Here
I keep all our photos and videos in our home on a drive connected to my Asus RT-AC68U and have been trying to back it up to to another external drive connected to my laptop.

When in Windows 10 backup I'm trying to add the backup folder in the drive and am getting the message "Sorry, but that didn't work. To find out more, look up error code 0x80070032". I've looked up this and not found anything helpful.

What I've tried:
  • Downloaded and installed latest firmware.
  • I can backup from locations not connected to the router.
  • I can view (copy, move etc.) my files on the router on a mapped drive through File Explorer
  • I've disconnected the drive and tried another external hard drive connected to the router and it's made no difference.
  • I've downloaded alternative software, that is EaseUS todo backup, and it's asking me to put in a user name and password "the network is protected and cannot be accessed without permission". I've attempted to put in the credentials I use to login to my router, but they don't work, and can't think of any others to add. The external drive is not password protected.

I'd really appreciate help with this.

Many thanks,

Andrew