What's new

Help! Block Wifi Extender

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thomas01

Regular Contributor
I want to block a wifi extender on my ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 but it is not working. Need help please!

In Parental Controls, Time Scheduling? That won't work indeed. You are blocking extender's Internet access (it won't be able to sync the time, for example), but not Internet to clients connected to this extender.

In Parental Controls, Time Scheduling? That won't work indeed. You are blocking extender's Internet access (it won't be able to sync the time, for example), but not Internet to clients connected to this extender.
Tried that already did not work.

I believe that most WiFi extenders act as both a WiFi client and WiFi access point simultaneously. So you should be able to use MAC address filtering on the WiFi extender's MAC address to block it from accessing your WiFi network. Go to Advanced Settings --> Wireless --> Wireless MAC Filter --> Enable MAC Filter = ON for 2.4 GHz / 5.0 GHz radios (depending on which channel(s) the WiFi extender is connecting on) --> MAC Filter Mode = Reject --> Add the Client Name (MAC address) of the WiFi extender.

I believe that most WiFi extenders act as both a WiFi client and WiFi access point simultaneously. So you should be able to use MAC address filtering on the WiFi extender's MAC address to block it from accessing your WiFi network. Go to Advanced Settings --> Wireless --> Wireless MAC Filter --> Enable MAC Filter = ON for 2.4 GHz / 5.0 GHz radios (depending on which channel(s) the WiFi extender is connecting on) --> MAC Filter Mode = Reject --> Add the Client Name (MAC address) of the WiFi extender.
I tried doing this and it still did not work. I am attaching a screenshot of the device I want to block.

Screenshot 2021-07-26 120113.png

What devices are you trying to block, just the repeater itself, clients connected to the repeater, or both?

What type of blocking are you talking about? Blocking access to the internet or stopping it/them from connecting to your router at all?

What make and model of repeater are you using?

I tried doing this and it still did not work. I am attaching a screenshot of the device I want to block.

View attachment 35255
This screen shot indicates that the repeater is connected to your router/LAN using an Ethernet cable. If that is actually the case then you have an AP and not a repeater. In any case devices connected by Ethernet to your router can only be blocked by by scripting/iptables and there isn't a way to do this using the GUI.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!