What's new

Solved [HELP] dhcp6c state change detected SOLICIT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RypeDub

Regular Contributor
I see this in my log, and it happens very frequently.

Do I even need IPv6 enabled?

I saw in another thread from john9527's fork to select Yes for the setting: Prefix delegation requires address request.

I did that but still get the log output.

I have Xfinity in the East Bay California, USA.

I do not run anything in my house that requires IPv6 so I could disable it if I truly don't need it.

If IPv4 finally ever gets 100% eaten up, then I'll post back in 20 years asking how to enable it properly lolololol

O_O

I disabled IPv6 annnnnd now my Android won't connect to either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz networks lololol

My Amazon Fire TV 3rd Gen, iPhone 6S Plus, MacBook Mid 2009 and iPad 4th Gen are all connected.

This is weird.

I saw in another thread from john9527's fork to select Yes for the setting: Prefix delegation requires address request.
That's primarily for some special UK and Eastern EU ISPs.....you shouldn't need to set it with Xfinity.

I would recommend the other setting to 'Release addresses on exit' be set to No.

Normally you should only see the solicit at startup.

That's primarily for some special UK and Eastern EU ISPs.....you shouldn't need to set it with Xfinity.

I would recommend the other setting to 'Release addresses on exit' be set to No.

Normally you should only see the solicit at startup.
I'll try this right now.
Forget the SSID and re-enter your credentials.
That didn't work for done reason.
I was able to reconnect by manually giving my phone an up 1 address higher.

would recommend the other setting to 'Release addresses on exit' be set to No.
I changed the settings the way you recommended but for 5 minutes after startup, it still showing it a few times every second.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180922-163104_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180922-163104_Chrome.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 492
Here is my IPv6 settings page

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180922-163508_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180922-163508_Chrome.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 484
It can't get an IPv6 address, the address and prefix fields will be filled in when it it successful. Maybe an ISP problem as I've never seen that one before.

IPv6 can be very finicky about address conflicts. One thing to try is to turn IPv6 off for 24 hours, then try it again (yes, it can take that long for some ISPs to release IPv6 addresses).

It can't get an IPv6 address, the address and prefix fields will be filled in when it it successful. Maybe an ISP problem as I've never seen that one before.

IPv6 can be very finicky about address conflicts. One thing to try is to turn IPv6 off for 24 hours, then try it again (yes, it can take that long for some ISPs to release IPv6 addresses).
For the sake of testing, I'll re-enable this on Monday and report back.

Definitely not any problems running with IPv6 disabled....

Did you factory default reset after first loading the firmware and manually configure (don't load a backup)? Also reformat jffs would be necessary.

Definitely not any problems running with IPv6 disabled....

Did you factory default reset after first loading the firmware and manually configure (don't load a backup)? Also reformat jffs would be necessary.
I set jffs to format on next boot, Then I clicked the factory reset button.

Stand by.

STEP #2: Flash [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS Firmware

Here is my method for the extra cautious and definitely for people with odd problems that others are not seeing.

Unplug any USB drive First!

01. You have to do a factory reset before flashing the firmware:
  • Administration -> Restore/Save/Upload Setting -> Click in Restore
02. After the factory reset, Perform a Complete Power Cycle:
  1. Turn off router
  2. Unplug power
  3. Turn it back on for 5 second to drain any residual electric charge
  4. Turn it back off
  5. Plug back the power
  6. Turn it on and let it boot normally
03. Download, Unzip and Flash through the Web GUI the Asuswrt-Merlin Firmware:
04. After flash the firmware, Perform another Factory reset:
  • Administration -> Restore/Save/Upload Setting -> Click in Initialize
05. After the factory reset, Perform a Complete Power Cycle:
  1. Turn off router
  2. Unplug power
  3. Turn it back on for 5 second to drain any residual electric charge
  4. Turn it back off
  5. Plug back the power
  6. Turn it on and let it boot normally
06. After the Power Cycle, log in to the Web GUI, press Ctrl+F5 to reload the cache.
07. [IMPORTANT] Format JFFS partition:
  • Administration -> System -> Format JFFS partition at next boot -> YES -> Apply and Reboot
  • (You have to Apply before Reboot the router)
08. Do not use backup.
09. Setup the router the way you want.
10. [OTHER] Download CCleaner to clear the entire Browser Cache. (EZPZ)

And let me state the obvious... always upgrade over a wired connection and never over wireless.
If I see the IPv6 log poop again: I'll do all of that on Monday after leaving IPv6 disabled for 24+ hours.

Last edited: