What's new

Help. DSL-AC68U and AX92U - pppoe passthrough

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thekfeeeeee

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I am having trouble setting up pppoe passthrough (relay) on my DSL-AC68U so that my new AX92U can establish an Internet connection.

Setting the connection directly on the DSL router works without any problems (Vlan ID 7). However, when I enable pppoe passthrough and connect the DSL Router LAN 1 with the AX92U's WAN and configure the pppoe settings in the AX92U (and setup the Vlan ID 7 via the IPTV setting since there is no such setting in the WAN section) nothing happens and nothing of value is logged...

Does someone have a similar setup and may have some tips about it? Do I need to setup something on the DSL router's site as well?

Cheers

Hi,

I am having trouble setting up pppoe passthrough (relay) on my DSL-AC68U so that my new AX92U can establish an Internet connection.

Setting the connection directly on the DSL router works without any problems (Vlan ID 7). However, when I enable pppoe passthrough and connect the DSL Router LAN 1 with the AX92U's WAN and configure the pppoe settings in the AX92U (and setup the Vlan ID 7 via the IPTV setting since there is no such setting in the WAN section) nothing happens and nothing of value is logged...

Does someone have a similar setup and may have some tips about it? Do I need to setup something on the DSL router's site as well?

Cheers
There are few things which you may want to try, first enable pppoe relay on DSL Router, most likely under wan and there should be tab for nat passthrough.

Also try without assign vlan 7 on ax92u your dsl router should tag packets.

There are few things which you may want to try, first enable pppoe relay on DSL Router, most likely under wan and there should be tab for nat passthrough.

Yes, I did this. But there is no way to assign a Vlan tag if one does not use the dsl router for the pppoe connection. This option is only available if I set up the pppoe connection and login credentials in the dsl router.

Yes, I did this. But there is no way to assign a Vlan tag if one does not use the dsl router for the pppoe connection. This option is only available if I set up the pppoe connection and login credentials in the dsl router.
In my post I was talking about without vlan. So it would be dsl router using pppoe with vlan 7 and ax92u using pppoe credential but no vlan. Make sure pppoe relay is enable on your dsl router.

In my post I was talking about without vlan. So it would be dsl router using pppoe with vlan 7 and ax92u using pppoe credential but no vlan. Make sure pppoe relay is enable on your dsl router.
So you mean I should configure everything on the DSL router except the login credentials?

Okay, I have tried it but the logs states that it is trying to use vlan 3380...And I dont know where to set id 7 tag.

Last edited:
Okay, I have tried it but the logs states that it is trying to use vlan 3380...And I dont know where to set id 7 tag.
Can you post screenshot of IPTV setting for both router and for dsl router post nat passthrough screenshot as well