1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Help. DSL-AC68U and AX92U - pppoe passthrough

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by thekfeeeeee, Dec 5, 2019.

1. thekfeeeeee

thekfeeeeee Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I am having trouble setting up pppoe passthrough (relay) on my DSL-AC68U so that my new AX92U can establish an Internet connection.

Setting the connection directly on the DSL router works without any problems (Vlan ID 7). However, when I enable pppoe passthrough and connect the DSL Router LAN 1 with the AX92U's WAN and configure the pppoe settings in the AX92U (and setup the Vlan ID 7 via the IPTV setting since there is no such setting in the WAN section) nothing happens and nothing of value is logged...

Does someone have a similar setup and may have some tips about it? Do I need to setup something on the DSL router's site as well?

Cheers

2. Hawk

Hawk Senior Member

There are few things which you may want to try, first enable pppoe relay on DSL Router, most likely under wan and there should be tab for nat passthrough.

Also try without assign vlan 7 on ax92u your dsl router should tag packets.

3. thekfeeeeee

Yes, I did this. But there is no way to assign a Vlan tag if one does not use the dsl router for the pppoe connection. This option is only available if I set up the pppoe connection and login credentials in the dsl router.

4. Hawk

Hawk Senior Member

In my post I was talking about without vlan. So it would be dsl router using pppoe with vlan 7 and ax92u using pppoe credential but no vlan. Make sure pppoe relay is enable on your dsl router.

5. thekfeeeeee

So you mean I should configure everything on the DSL router except the login credentials?

6. thekfeeeeee

Okay, I have tried it but the logs states that it is trying to use vlan 3380...And I dont know where to set id 7 tag.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  7. Grisu

Grisu Part of the Furniture

Have a look at TV settings

8. Hawk

Hawk Senior Member

Can you post screenshot of IPTV setting for both router and for dsl router post nat passthrough screenshot as well