What's new

Help fixing AC68u config for voip

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Galaxysurfer

Regular Contributor
hi,

I am not that much of an expert on networking. I have been using an ata to access my voip services. I am using Callcentric which instituted security configuration changes in Sept. Now I am unable to connect to the service. On their website they mention something about allowing various ports & ip domains, but I am unsure how to implement them. I am not sure if the issue is my routing or firewall settings or both. It was working before they made the changes & I had updated to the new server address in my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am currently running Skynet firewall on the latest merlin version 386.7_2.

On their website they mention something about allowing various ports & ip domains, but I am unsure how to implement them.
Can you provide that information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am currently running Skynet firewall on the latest merlin version 386.7_2.
Try temporarily turning off Skynet and seeing if that makes a difference.

hi,

I am not that much of an expert on networking. I have been using an ata to access my voip services. I am using Callcentric which instituted security configuration changes in Sept. Now I am unable to connect to the service. On their website they mention something about allowing various ports & ip domains, but I am unsure how to implement them. I am not sure if the issue is my routing or firewall settings or both. It was working before they made the changes & I had updated to the new server address in my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am currently running Skynet firewall on the latest merlin version 386.7_2.

You should not need to do anything to your router to use Callcentric.

Make sure you are using sip.callcentric.net, not the previous url.

And consider asking Callcentric Support for assistance... it is said to be very good.

OE

You mentioned OBI... I know in the past when I used those devices they needed updates which sometimes were slow. I used them with GV (Google Voice) and there were times that the device needed an update that was not yet available... so it took a few days for things to work again. Granted, that was with free GV, so things may have been slower there, but the point is that you may need to make sure those updates happened.

In addition, there appear to be some longer instructions on the callcentric website, so you may just need to go through all those again, particularly if there were changes on their end. Have you gone through the updated steps to reconfigure? (You may want to delete the old setup and reconfigure from scratch).

This was the price I paid for OBI devices in the past... they are great devices when they work, and very low cost, but you have to do your own work sometimes and troubleshoot.

I doubt the issue is with the router - I never had to do anything in there to get it working again - it was always a config issue on the OBI (I have used GV and PhonePower in the past, FWIW).