What's new

[Help] Installing No-Ip update client.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does it say this:
admin@<router-name>:/tmp/home/root# make
-sh: make: not found

since you want DDNS, it's probably safe to assume you have a server listening on your lan. why not install the ddns client onto the server itself?

since you want DDNS, it's probably safe to assume you have a server listening on your lan. why not install the ddns client onto the server itself?

Actually, no. I have installed ftp server on the router to remotely access my files on External HDD that is connected to the USB port of the router.

Actually, no. I have installed ftp server on the router to remotely access my files on External HDD that is connected to the USB port of the router.

The router has a ftp server inbuilt, is that what you mean ?

you could try this;

here; i haven't tested anything yet, but adding this to /jffs/scripts/wan-start should fix the router in router mode, so that the WAN port is bridged and will allow LAN traffic to pass. set the LAN gateway IP in the script. use the webui to set the router's LAN IP/subnet to something different on your LAN, while setting the static WAN IP to gibberish

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# 
# set the LAN gateway IP to $default
default="192.168.0.1"
#
# nuke eth0 settings
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
#
route default gw $default
#
# fix the WAN port
brctl addif br0 eth0
chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/*

think of it as AP mode, but with the features of router mode still enabled

yeppers.

make sure to set the lan ip of the router like you would for AP mode, but set the gateway ip in the script to the main router's LAN ip

yeppers.

make sure to set the lan ip of the router like you would for AP mode, but set the gateway ip in the script to the main router's LAN ip

Hi again,

I tried your suggested method. However, am running into a strange problem. As soon as I write to /jffs/scripts/wan-start and then execute chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/* and then reboot the router, i'm unable to access neither the webui nor my main router. This what I wrote to wan-start using nano

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# 
default="[B]192.168.1.1[/B]" 
#
# nuke eth0 settings
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
#
#
# fix the WAN port
brctl addif br0 eth0

For the WAN settings, I set Static IP to 123.123.123.123 and subnet 255.255.255.0 and default 192.168.1.1
I had to do hard reset to restore communication. My Asus Router IP is 192.168.1.10

thanks, i will look into it tonight. i suspect that eth0 needs to be dropped from the bridge and a vlan interface be created in it's place, after looking at one of my routers using dd-wrt

[edit/]

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# 
#
# nuke eth0 settings
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
#
#
# fix the WAN port
vconfig add eth0 2
brctl addif br0 vlan2

the above is the modified version that i suspect corrects the problem

Last edited:
thanks, i will look into it tonight. i suspect that eth0 needs to be dropped from the bridge and a vlan interface be created in it's place, after looking at one of my routers using dd-wrt

[edit/]

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# 
#
# nuke eth0 settings
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
#
#
# fix the WAN port
vconfig add eth0 2
brctl addif br0 vlan2

the above is the modified version that i suspect corrects the problem

Awesome, it worked. Now am able to connect to the main router and internet when the main router LAN cable is connected to one of the asus Ethernet ports. But, If I connected the LAN cable, that is coming from the main router directly to WAN port am not able to access my main router, only the asus router. Also, should I disable firewall/NAT? I disabled DHCP.

looks like there was more to it than i thought, think vlan (un?)tagging has to be disabled, give me a few and i'll edit this post

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# 
#
# nuke eth0 settings
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
#
#
# fix the WAN port
robocfg vlan 2 ports "0 8"
vconfig add eth0 2
brctl addif br0 vlan2

i *think* this might do the trick lol

Last edited:
looks like there was more to it than i thought, think vlan (un?)tagging has to be disabled, give me a few and i'll edit this post

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# 
#
# nuke eth0 settings
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
#
#
# fix the WAN port
robocfg vlan 2 ports "0 8"
vconfig add eth0 2
brctl addif br0 vlan2

i *think* this might do the trick lol

Unfortunately, it didn't work. Can't I use DDNS without it? I mean I just plug main cable to Ethernet port.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!