What's new

Help me with my Decade long battle with coverage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snuser_001

New Around Here
Hello, Im wondering if anyone can help me with my decade long battle with internet coverage. My biggest limitation is that cables are not allowed to be used across the house (It would make it look "shapeless", otherwise Id buy Access point).

I uploaded two images one of my current step up (Huawei Router/Modem and TpLink Extender) and their location in my two floor house.

And the other being a proposal of how to potentially change the tide. Im thinking of buying Modem "TP Link VR300 Archer A9 AC1900 Modem Router" (I cant seem to find a modem only) and connect it to the middle of the first floor via cable using "Dink AX1800 WiFi 6 Router". And on the second floor a use the old huawei but (only router mode) and finally the TpLink extender in the other end.
Any opinions on the matter or pointing out a mistake I made (Im not very proficient in this field and dont know the best devices). If this doesnt work I can buy mesh (but they'd be double or triple the cost of what I proposes) and if anyone recommends mesh then where do you think I should place them in the house?

I think the very best start is to make a better draft of your setup. The picture you provided doesn't indicate that are we looking from up-down in a 2D view or from the side which would assume 2 floors? what is really going on there.

But besides that I guess nobody understand your description of your device setup but as far as I understood your setup you have a Huawei Modem/LTE router so your internet connection is over 4G/5G?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!