What's new

Help needed setting up an Ubiquiti NanoBeam AC Gen2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SFBear

New Around Here
Greetings.

On the advice of a (sick/unavailable for now) friend, I have an Ubiquiti NanoBeam AC Gen2 (NBE-5AC-Gen2) antenna, and I want to use it to connect to an AP maybe 100 feet away, and carry that AP so that it appears as a WAN to my Asus RT-AC68U wireless router, just like a standard cable broadband connection. On my Asus, I will set my own network names/settings.

I can log into the NanoBeam using its very short range management radio and my phone, but I'm not sure what combination of settings will get it to do what I want.

The NanoBeam is aimed, has the PoE injector, power and Ethernet cables attached, and is connected to the WAN port of my wireless router.

This setup is in place of a WiFi extender, which cut speeds in half. Trying to avoid that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings.

On the advice of a (sick/unavailable for now) friend, I have an Ubiquiti NanoBeam AC Gen2 (NBE-5AC-Gen2) antenna, and I want to use it to connect to an AP maybe 100 feet away, and carry that AP so that it appears as a WAN to my Asus RT-AC68U wireless router, just like a standard cable broadband connection. On my Asus, I will set my own network names/settings.

I can log into the NanoBeam using its very short range management radio and my phone, but I'm not sure what combination of settings will get it to do what I want.

The NanoBeam is aimed, has the PoE injector, power and Ethernet cables attached, and is connected to the WAN port of my wireless router.

This setup is in place of a WiFi extender, which cut speeds in half. Trying to avoid that.

Any help would be appreciated.

You would need two NanoBeam's to create at PtP link, then plug your AP(?) (sounds like you mean a router /modem combo?) into the far end.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMA...m-AC-x-2-first-time-setup/m-p/2180008#M113972

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!