What's new

[SOLVED] Help Please AC1900 pci-e wifi adapter 5ghz problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Liam

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys

I recently bought AC1900 Pci-e adapter it uses BCM4360 chipset
after installing latest drivers on windows 10 and 7
it won't see 5ghz wifi on windows 7 and with netsh command, in radio types supported section, ac is not listed but in windows 10 there is no such a problem.

can anyone help me please ?

Windows 10
windows 10.JPG

Windows 7
Windwos 7.JPG

Run netsh wlan show all. Which driver from the asus website did you install? There can be some limitations with elder OS’s like 7. msinfo32 also shows stuff like wifi info. Sadly Windows 7 did not have support for Wireless-ac at the time that it came out.

I'am using latest driver released in 2017/07/17
tried netsh wlan show all unfortunately doesn't show any 5ghz networks.
I'll try fresh windows install maybe it helps.
bbb.JPG

Unfortunately, Broadcom has not kept up. You could go with a PCIe adapter for something like the Intel mini-pcie cards that do Ax.

Not all PCI-e cards support DFS channels... sometimes it's drivers...

Everything works fine in windows 10, wifi connects in 1.3 Gbps and transfer speed via iperf is 400mbps, but it can't see AC or 5Ghz in windows 7 !!
tried 3 different drivers and fresh windows 7 install, both can't solve problem.

Last edited:
I think problem solved, i just unchecked the Auto select channel including DFS channels not 5ghz wifi appeared !

I have to ask the obvious question...... Have you tried the most recent driver from Asus rather than the Windows-supplied version? It looks like that would be Version 2.1.4.3, 2017/07/27 (Driver = 12/02/2014, 6.30.223.259).

I have to ask the obvious question...... Have you tried the most recent driver from Asus rather than the Windows-supplied version? It looks like that would be Version 2.1.4.3, 2017/07/27 (Driver = 12/02/2014, 6.30.223.259).

Yes i am using the latest driver
as i said before i just unchecked the Auto select channel including DFS channels now 5ghz wifi appeared !
i don't know why this problem not exists in windows 10, i can connect even when DFS channels selected

Last edited:
Yes i am using the latest driver
as i said before i just unchecked the Auto select channel including DFS channels now 5ghz wifi appeared !
i don't know why this problem not exists in windows 10, i can connect even when DFS channels selected

10 years or more of O/S and driver model improvements should get us something. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!