What's new

Help request: Network Setup 3 routers - telekom router + AsusAX + AsusAC + QNAP NAS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

siertjuh1969

New Around Here
Hello,

I apologise if this is a stupid setup and would like to get advise from the experts on how to make better setup and learn a bit of the how-to of the basic networking

In my house I have the following setup with 3 routers: Telecom Modem - Asus AX88u (wired + DHCP + Wifi (Non VPN) - Asus AC88u - (wired from AX + Static IP+ Merlin + Wifi (VPN) - QNAP NAS (wired from AC+ Static IP).

The main setup was done by an outsider and I myself have little knowledge of how it all connects. Inside the house networks all works flawlessly but I would like to acces my NAS from outside my home network. On my NAS there is my Jellyfin mediaserver. I tried to do port forwarding AX to AC and vice versa but can't get it figured out. Also I can't figure put how i need to my NAS securely visible outside my network.

Note that I am in China and need the VPN wifi in my Asus AC to bypass the GFW

I would appreciate some advise on how I could simplify all the above with perhaps an example on port forwarding, static Ip etc and have secure access to the NAS and Jellyfin when I am traveling

Thanks in advance!