What's new

Solved Help Setting Bandwidth Limiter Per MAC Limiter like in Freshtomato

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbayani

Occasional Visitor
Hii all.. i"m recently buying secondhand AC68U and flash AsusWRT Merlin..

my old N66U with Freshtomato there are my favorite feature called "Bandwidth Limiter Per MAC Address" (Picture Attached)..

explain in picture:
- For My Family im sett per MAC Address with Max bandwidth 10 or 50Mbps (Upload & Download)
- For intruder/not wanted MAC im sett Max to 200kbps (Upload & Download) <== all unlisted MAC Address will get this..
i'm dont want using feature "Whitelist" Mac Address only.. i'm still want all Intruder can using my wifi (but with low bandwidth 200kbps)..

How to setting like that in Merlin??

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Last edited:
for Step 4c i'm add all my Family MAC with 50Mbps Upload&Download..

is anything unlisted MAC still get 50Mbps Upload&Download??
and how to sett unlisted MAC Addres to get 200kbps Upload&Download like in N66U(Freshtomato)??
im still confusing where to input "200kbps" for unlisted MAC..
No, you can't do it like Freshtomato.

If your family are using IP addresses 240 to 254 then you would create a 200kbps QoS rule for addresses 2-239 for everybody else.

No, you can't do it like Freshtomato.

If your family are using IP addresses 240 to 254 then you would create a 200kbps QoS rule for addresses 2-239 for everybody else.
ouww..

so rather than using MAC, better using Static IP for my family like 250 to 254 then create a 200kbps QoS rule for addresses 2-249 for all Intruder??

so rather than using MAC, better using Static IP for my family like 250 to 254 then create a 200kbps QoS rule for addresses 2-249 for all Intruder??
Yes, something like that.

Depending which rules have priority over the others you might be able to do something like this. I don't know if it will work, you'd have to test it for yourself.
Untitled.png

I don't think you'd have to use static IPs. Just configure the router DHCP to use your desired IP range ("pool" in ASUS lingo), then set your QoS rules for the remainder of the IP address range, like what was already described.

Yes, something like that.

Depending which rules have priority over the others you might be able to do something like this. I don't know if it will work, you'd have to test it for yourself.
View attachment 41139
I don't think you'd have to use static IPs. Just configure the router DHCP to use your desired IP range ("pool" in ASUS lingo), then set your QoS rules for the remainder of the IP address range, like what was already described.
its working!!

but i must deleted ip 2-254 first when add another Family MAC..
if direct input MAC without deleting ip 2-254, this MAC still get limited 200kbps..

Status
Not open for further replies.