What's new

Help to reach OpenVPNServer under AirVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Brax84

New Around Here
Hi everyone!
Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue..
I ask for help with the setup I would like to do.
I currently have an Asus merlin router, here runs OpenVpn client Airvpn, an odroid u3 (arm ubuntu 16.04) here runs OpenVPN server and pihole (block advertising, and more)
My setup currently works like this:
Asus(192.168.1.1) > Odroid(192.168.1.2)>OpenVPN Server(10.8.0.0) <OpenVPN Client > WORKS
ISP IP

Asus(192.168.1.1) > Odroid(192.168.1.2)>
OpenVPN Server(10.8.0.0) <OpenVPN Client NOT WORKS
AirVPN client

Everything works with my ISP IP, with DNS 192.168.1.2 (pihole) advertising blocking on my lan (set DNS filter on router through 192.168.1.2 )works via OpenVPN client if I connect my iPhone to my OpenVPNserver and can access my LAN.
If I set AirVPN on the router and set a policy rules to connect the odroid under AirVPN I can no longer connect the openvpn client (iphone) to the server (odroid). In my area of Airvpn I set a rule Remote port forwarding exaple 44444 to internal 1194, I set the ddns of AirVPN, I put the ddns for remote in client.ovpn but the client does not connect
My OpenVPN server use 10.8.0.0 AirVPN use 10.4.104.50
On AirVPN router AirVPN is tun11
On Odroid eth0 and tun0
I would like to connect everything under airvpn and reach my servervpn via client and use pihole with the dns of Airvpn (10.4.0.1,10.5.0.1)
But..how..?
Sorry for the really long post

Last edited:
Hi,
At the moment I'm using this solution:
Router> stop VPN client
Odroid> Connected to Airvpn.ovpn and Openvpserver , on pihole set DNS of Airvpn
My LAN and outdoor devices connected with my client.ovpn to the Odroid server, and finally I have ip and dns of Airvpn!
not having the wifi the odroid, is it possible to share the connection of Airvpn.ovpn, without using for devices in local lan ?, without using the clien.ovpn file?

on Odroid (ubuntu 16.04) the interfaces:
lan is on eth0 192.168.1.2
OpenVPNServer is on tun0
OpenVPNClient is on tun1

Last edited: