What's new

Help transferring traffic history from nvram to usb

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yrh1

New Around Here
Hello
I have been using asuswrt-merlin for a long time. So, thanks @RMerlin for this wonderful firmware.

I am a novice when it comes to linux commands.
I followed a guide and have a usb drive plugged in and formated in ext2
I am trying to backup my transfer monitor history to usb but am unable to do so using the GUI.
I would really appreciate if someone could guide me regarding command to use in ssh to transfer only transfer data history to the mounted usb.
Thanks.

I don't know how to do it too, but I have been scouring the internet for the same thing. I am thinking that sending syslog info to an external source might be the only way.. I'll let you know as I find out anything too.

Set "Traffic history location" to Custom location

You can then set the "Save history location" to be on your USB drive. You then need to set "Create or reset data files" to yes to create the files.

The files created will be called tomato_rstats_xxxxxxxxxxxx.gz and , if you've enabled IPTraffic, tomato_cstats_xxxxxxxxxxxx.gz