What's new

HELP! - two RTN66U - Routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xKOLDx

Occasional Visitor
Hi all

Looking for some assistance if anyone would be able to assist

My Issue:
Internet becomes unusable randomly, the connection could be stable for a month with no issues, when the connection issues occur the web GUI of my router is slow and very unresponsive

My setup:
FTTC->Vigor130 Modem->RTN66U-(Router Mode)->RTN66U-(AP Mode)
Both RTN66U's are on Merlin: 380.65_4

WAN - PPPOE
DHCP - Router
Script added to access Modem via Router WAN port

any help or advise would be much appreciated

Unfortunately it is both the entire connection becomes unusable, i think that the main router maybe having cpu issues so i may change the second rtn66u to router mode and let it provide the DHCP to lower the load but want to see if there are any better suggestions from the community

If you unplug the WAN when having issues, does the WebUI come back to normal speeds?

If anything, backup the configs, and swap the two N66 around. This at least will help verify if it is hardware vs software....assuming they are both running the same OS release.

Hi All,

sorry for the delay work has had been swamped, i had temporarily swapped out my rtn66u for the ISP router the issue was resolved when i reconnected the routers they worked without fault until yesterday

i can see consistent WAN DNS probe fails

i will test @MichaelCG suggestion this evening to see if it recovers the GUI