What's new

Help with AiMesh - No Internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eriddler

Occasional Visitor
Good day,
I have a system consisting of: FritzBox 7430 from a German ISP ---> RT-AC5300 (VPN) which works fine (different IP addressing, etc).

What I tried to do was setup the AiMesh with a RT-AC86U connected (as a node) to the RT-AC5300 last night; it worked with regards to discovery and showing connected.

What didn't work was the internet on the ASUS network; meaning, I could connect to the FritzBox and have internet, but nothing on the Mesh network. WiFi would connect, but the computer would just show 'Connecting' if I tried to go to a website.

When I remove the RT-AC86U (node) from the main ASUS router, everything returns to normal with regards to internet access.

All clients have current firmware, 32799.

Thoughts?

Could you seed feedback with system log, wifi log by Administration->Feedback?

Yes, though due to a last minute work trip I won't be able to get to it till next week.

Confirm these are the logs from the mesh router and not the node? If both, was having issues getting logged into the node.

Yes, though due to a last minute work trip I won't be able to get to it till next week.

Confirm these are the logs from the mesh router and not the node? If both, was having issues getting logged into the node.
you cant log into node after meshing, only via SSH.

Got the AiMesh working, not exactly sure how. Woke up this morning to no Internet, but somehow it came back as well...can someone look at this log and see if there is a glaring issue?

Attachments

• syslog (1).txt
    421 KB · Views: 547