What's new

Help with phones connected to wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ludespeedny

Regular Contributor
Recently I have been unable to make calls/texts when my android phones are on wifi. I have an Ac68U, and was on 386.7_2, I have done a factory reset and issue persists. I tried dropping back to 386.7 with factory reset and same problem.
I got an eero I configured and swapped the Asus out and everything works ok on that, so leads me to believe it is the device. Any suggestions or help?

Just to clarify: when your Android phone is connected to wifi and 4G at the same time, you are unable to text or send calls unless you disconnect from the wifi, correct?

When that happens, what do you see on the screen; is there an error message that might indicate where the problem lies? Does the attempted call/text instantly fail, or does the phone perhaps continue indefinitely to try to execute the action?

is there another Android phone you could try, and perhaps an Apple one, too, to try to pinpoint where the problem lies?

Yeah, if the phones are on wifi then every call instantly fails, sometimes if I keep trying it will start going through and ring, but that usually is over 5x tries.
I have 2 phones on diff versions of android and both do the same thing.

have you tried forgetting/deleting the network on the phone , re-booting the phone, and then re-join the network ?

Yup, also tried network resets on the phones as well as changing dns servers (router side) and rebooting as well. Same result.

I just ran an Internet search on ‘cannot make calls or send texts if phone is connected to wifi’, and that’s prompted me to ask can you receive phone calls and texts when connected to wifi?

i don’t know what it’ll prove whatever your answer is, but it might trigger a thought from someone else.

Thanks for the help, tried turning off wifi calling to no avail. Update, looks like it is doing it with the eero as well, so gotta look into other issues. I am in a double nat situation, so maybe I can negotiate with the isp, or test a VPN to see if it resolves. Maybe it is carrier as well, but at least for now it doesn't seem device specific.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!