What's new

Help with Routing - OpenVPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Taimoor

New Around Here
Dear Forum,

I have what I think is a pretty simple setup. (Diagram Attached) I have an Edge router with a WAN connection to the internet and a LAN connection for the internal network. On the internal network, I have the ASUS (AC88U), with a WAN ip from the edge router and a different LAN subnet (although this is not ideal for me, I realize its the only way to get routing to work for VPN).

VPNIssue.png
s!AtIdk5WCYEPZvO5RKUa0MLaerq27cA

All works ok, wireless clients can connect to the internet and also see the rest of my internal network on the different subnet. Except when I connect the openVPN. It connects, and I see the additional default route added to my routing table and the tunnel is alive etc, but none of my clients can then access the internet anymore.

Im fairly networking savvy, but not fluent with all the stuff on consumer routers. If anyone could please tell me what stupid thing might be happening, id really appreciate it. been struggling with this for days now.

Thanks for all your help. if you need more info, id be happy to provide!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!