What's new

Help with RT-AC88U problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarcusVR

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys!

I installed this morning the new 380.66, and everything was all right untill the evening. Sudenlly my devices began to disconnect, or better, they remained connected, but without internet access. It happened equally to wired and wireless devices.

I couldn't reach the router through the Android app, and through my PC - wired connection - not only the graphic interface took minutes to load, but all the web pages, inclusive this one. So I did a hard reset and reconfigured everything, but it happened again: my devices are still connected, but the speed is simply horrible.

Looking at the logs, I saw hundreds of messages like this kernel: net_ratelimit: 229 callbacks suppressed.

Any suggestion or help?

By the way, please forgive some English error!

Last edited:
did you factory reset or reboot after the firmware upgrade.
if not id reboot it first also is it 380.66_2 , thats what im running on my 88U.

Hi guys!

I installed this morning the new 380.66, and everything was all right untill the evening. Sudenlly my devices began to disconnect, or better, they remained connected, but without internet access. It happened equally to wired and wireless devices.

I couldn't reach the router through the Android app, and through my PC - wired connection - not only the graphic interface took minutes to load, but all the web pages, inclusive this one. So I did a hard reset and reconfigured everything, but it happened again: my devices are still connected, but the speed is simply horrible.

Looking at the logs, I saw hundreds of messages like this kernel: net_ratelimit: 229 callbacks suppressed.

Any suggestion or help?

By the way, please forgive some English error!

"kernel: net_ratelimit: 229 callbacks suppressed."

This log only show you the kernel ignore those same information, you may needs to show us what happend before those to identify what happend

Hello, What is 380.66 ?The firmware version ? My RT-AC88U is 3.0.0.4_380.7627 and everything is OK .
thats merlins firmware 380.66, the version your talking about is 3.0.0.4_380.7627 is stock asus firmware.