What's new

Help with vdsl2 modem to router setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

7cfm

New Around Here
I am getting the message “kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address” in my router logs about 7 times a minute.

My setup is a Zyxel VMG1312-B10A in bridge mode on LAN1 ptm0.1 connected to the WAN port of an Asus RT-AC66U B1, they are on different subnets. I have also connected the Zyxel LAN2 pppo3G0 to an ethernet port on the Asus router on the same subnet so I can use DSLStats to record line stats from the Zyxel.

I’ve looked around various forums to see what is going wrong but I haven’t been able to work it out, everything is working fine apart from the messages in the router log, any pointers would be greatly appreciated,

That message usually occurs when a wireless client roams from one access point on your LAN to another. The access points might be the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios on the router itself, or a separate access point on your LAN.

If that is not your situation I suggest that you temporarily unplug the LAN2 cable to your Zyxel and see if that is the cause.

If that is not your situation I suggest that you temporarily unplug the LAN2 cable to your Zyxel and see if that is the cause.

Sorry I should have added that to my post, you are correct that if LAN2 is unplugged the errors stop so it's got something to do with the configuration I described.

I am not familiar with that Zyxel, but check that the MAC addresses of ptm0.1 and pppo3G0 are different.

I suspect the problem might be with the rather bizarre way Asus uses the same MAC address for the WAN interface as the LAN interface.:eek: Try going to WAN > Internet Connection and putting an arbitrary MAC address in there.