What's new

Help with VLAN setup on AC68u running Advanced Tomato

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OmegaSupreme

New Around Here
Hi!

I've been working on setting up a VLAN on my AC68u running Advanced Tomato version 3.4-138 AIO-64K. I've been following some guides I found searching google, and for the most part, I assume I have everything setup ok. My question involves assigning VLANs to ports.

Here's the steps I followed:

1. Create a new bridge interface, which will allow me to associate a new VLAN with a physical port. The orginal bride is br0 (with an ip address of 192.168.0.1) and the new bridge is called br1 ( with an ip address of 176.16.0.1). I also disabled STP and enabled DHCP

2. Create a new VLAN. The original configuration had 2 VLANS: VLAN1 and VLAN2. VLAN1 orginally had 4 ports selected and was associated with br0. VLAN2 had the WAN port selected and was associated with WAN. I created a new VLAN called VLAN3. I selected port 1 to be associated with VLAN3 and I unchecked it from the VLAN1 section so it wouldnt be associated with it. My final configuration page looks similar to this:

advanced-vlan-create-vlan-reassign-port.png

This is where my issue comes up. After I click on save and reboot, I noticed that port 1 (and ports 2,3,4) is still checked under VLAN1, even though I previously deselected it from VLAN1. So after rebooting, Port 1 ends up being checked under both VLAN1 and VLAN3. And no matter what I do, I cant get port 1 to be assigned only to VLAN3. I also tried to change it via telnet into the router. I use the following commands:

nvram set vlan1ports="2 3 4 5*"
nvram set vlan3ports="1 5"
nvram commit
reboot

question: Is this something that is normal, or is it something that should be changed? What else can I do to change it?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!