What's new

Help with WOL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rslarsen

Occasional Visitor
Hi
I am new with Asuswrt firmware.
My router is Asus RT-AC66U.
I want to WOL 2 computers. From lan side and from Internet. How do I do this.

Have followed this guide "https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/WOL-Script-Wake-Up-Your-Webserver-On-Internet-Traffic"

(I had a Linksys E4200 before and I used this /usr/sbin/wol -i 192.168.1.255 -p 9 XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX to wake up both computeres either from Lan or Internet. Via Prompt SSH iPad app)

/Rene

Edit: I have by my self found a solution. All this is not necessary if I use Promt for iPAD. Sorry for inconvenience

Last edited:
Simplest is to simply use the web unterface, under Tools -> WakeOnLAN.

You can also use AiCloud's application.

Hi
I am new with Asuswrt firmware.
My router is Asus RT-AC66U.
I want to WOL 2 computers. From lan side and from Internet. How do I do this.

Have followed this guide "https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/WOL-Script-Wake-Up-Your-Webserver-On-Internet-Traffic"

(I had a Linksys E4200 before and I used this /usr/sbin/wol -i 192.168.1.255 -p 9 XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX to wake up both computeres either from Lan or Internet. Via Prompt SSH iPad app)

/Rene

Edit: I have by my self found a solution. All this is not necessary if I use Promt for iPAD. Sorry for inconvenience

If all else fails, use PC Monitor or LogMeIn. That way there is no IP Address port forwarding, MAC address setup, DHCP reservation, and (for some routers on DD-WRT) - permanent ARP entries are required.

The only requirement(s) is that:

1. 1 computer with LMI or PCM is always up and running <--- This is specific to LMI or PCM, to bypass the need for router configuration

2. Your BIOS doesn't shut off the NIC (can be configured not to) -- usually is on by default

3. Windows configured the device to respond to the magic packet (change in devmgmt.msc) -- usually does by default

4. For any WOL, you cannot turn on the computer and then back off manually with the power button, briefly The OS must set up the state for the NIC to respond to traffic still. Meaning a Shutdown or Hibernate / Suspend / Sleep is required from within the OS to have WOL work.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!