What's new

Hi its my first time on your site name is Barend Labuschagne

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Barend Labuschagne

New Around Here
i have a ASUS AC66U My problem is on stock firmware when i have it on for a bought a hour i loos connection
and the lan 2 led is on but there is no cabel in it the cabel is in wan i reboot the router it fine for a hour or so i have flash the firmware to Asuswrt-Merlin but still the same problem thanks for the time to read my post

i have a ASUS AC66U My problem is on stock firmware when i have it on for a bought a hour i loos connection
and the lan 2 led is on but there is no cabel in it the cabel is in wan i reboot the router it fine for a hour or so i have flash the firmware to Asuswrt-Merlin but still the same problem thanks for the time to read my post

After flashing to a different firmware than stock, you need to do a full reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration of the router to connect to the ISP and secure the router (do not use a saved backup config file). Same thing when going from RMerlin back to stock.

Which firmware versions are you testing/using? The RMerlin firmware for the RT-AC66U is effectively obsolete today. Many security issues have surfaced since it was released last year.

Are you using a manually configured control channel (as you should be) that is non-DFS? Or is that setting on Auto? If it is on Auto, set it manually.

After doing a full reset to factory defaults (see the links in my signature below) and making sure to do a manual and minimal installation with the latest Asus official firmware for your model (or, use john9527's LTS firmware for enhanced capabilities).

https://ftp.snbforums.com/threads/fork-asuswrt-merlin-374-43-lts-releases-v37ea.18914/

He may have the new rt-ac66u B1 which isn’t obsolete.