What's new

High CPU what to look for?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jason Southwell

New Around Here
Screenshot 2020-03-01 11.09.09.png
Have latest stable fw on ax88u router.
ran diversion+statusUI for a couple days cpu stays low.
install skynet and gradually usage goes up to 100% on all 4 and stays utill reboot.
I ran TOP command but im not sure what I'm looking for. here's a screen cap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ued3j09cdhiozki/Screenshot 2020-03-01 11.09.09.png?dl=0
Screenshot%202020-03-01%2011.09.09.png

Your problem seems to be the same as was reported in this thread. Unfortunately the image posted there has since expired but IIRC it showed the same output as yours. The CPU load is the same, ~ 30%/65%.

It doesn't look like the source of the problem was identified other than it's likely to be somehow related to Diversion and/or uiDivStats.

I would start by uninstalling uiDivStats and seeing if that makes any difference.

I am thinking the ac_function (count_ads) part of Diversion is the culprit. Whether uiDivStats or Scribe are involved is hard to say.
I would not be able to diagnose but I would imagine the settings of Diversion and dnsmasq and the size of dnsmasq.log would be relevant. I have the same router and not experiencing this problem but only have a quarter the number of devices.
Crazy how much system CPU utilization as opposed to user CPU utilization this causes.