What's new

High "data received" on multiple LAN devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

t2clej

Occasional Visitor
I am not sure where to start - I apologize. Today my Tivo was running very slow with TV lagging. I check my 2 mac minis and my 2 synology NAS and they were ALL receiving data at an extremely high rate - over 50MB/s each Mac mini and over 15MB/s synology NAS. All 4 are connected to the same switch. I have little snitch running on one mac mini but it does not show anything like that being downloaded.

I restarted one of the mac minis and same thing, very high "data received /sec" on mac activity monitor. Currently, data received on one mac says 17.31 GB after restart (my other mac has 268.94 GB data received) However, little snitch firewall only says 59.2 MB.

So BIG discrepancy. If I disable the ethernet port using system settings, still receiving data. Only way to stop it is to unplug the cat6 cable. I also tried blocking the device via router interface and it still shows that it is receiving data.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.