What's new

High sirq CPU consumption on RT-ac66u on 380.68_4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

inigoml

New Around Here
Hi everybody.

I've been using rmerlin firmwares since I bought my AC66U more than three years ago and this is my first post. Since now, all issues I've found have been fixed only by reading this forums and others. However, this one cannot be solved. I've a good level or routers understanding, so, please, don't tell me about obvious suggestions. :)

I've detected a high CPU usage with torrents then reaching a relative small bandwidth usage. With only 100Mbps I completely saturate CPU. This didn't have happened in older releases and I don't have clear when exactly. With a single thread TCP download, however, I can reach 300Mbps with only 50% CPU usage.
I've tested with latest official Asus firmware (3.0.0.4.380.8120) and this problem is not present. I can reach 300Mbps with torrent download without issues with more or less 60% sirq usage. All by using cable, not wifi.

With both firmwares, my configuration is exactly the same. That is, I've only enabled some features like parental control and DNS filtering, and of course NAT acceleration is also enabled (if not, CPU usage is much much higher). But I've also tested with parental control disabled.

Any hints about my problem? I've anything connected at USB port, by the way.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everybody.

I've been using rmerlin firmwares since I bought my AC66U more than three years ago and this is my first post. Since now, all issues I've found have been fixed only by reading this forums and others. However, this one cannot be solved. I've a good level or routers understanding, so, please, don't tell me about obvious suggestions. :)

I've detected a high CPU usage with torrents then reaching a relative small bandwidth usage. With only 100Mbps I completely saturate CPU. This didn't have happened in older releases and I don't have clear when exactly. With a single thread TCP download, however, I can reach 300Mbps with only 50% CPU usage.
I've tested with latest official Asus firmware (3.0.0.4.380.8120) and this problem is not present. I can reach 300Mbps with torrent download without issues with more or less 60% sirq usage. All by using cable, not wifi.

With both firmwares, my configuration is exactly the same. That is, I've only enabled some features like parental control and DNS filtering, and of course NAT acceleration is also enabled (if not, CPU usage is much much higher). But I've also tested with parental control disabled.

Any hints about my problem? I've anything connected at USB port, by the way.

Thanks in advance!

Fixed with latest 380.69 alpha1. Now CPU usage is similar to stock 380.8120