What's new

Home Assistant Entware (GT-AX11000)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DJones

Very Senior Member

Officially Home assistant doesn’t support routers however their are many who have successfully installed Home Assistent. I’ve attempted to follow their instructions as best I can through various forums, the install goes smoothly with no errors, but I get stuck on a python error when I try and launch hass (Home Assistant).

“No module found cffi_backend”. Attempted multiple ways to reinstall cffi but that doesn’t seem to work no matter what I do. Has anyone here manage to get this to work on a Asus router? Home Assistant would be awesome to get working.

Attempting this on my GT-AX11000 using the latest Merlin version, but have also attempted this on a TP link running DD-WRT either way I run into different Cffi issues without success.
9416781C-67F5-41E7-B024-E08246DB15C8.jpeg

Last edited:
I would not try to go that route. It is hard to keep dependencies up to date in unsupported platforms given the quick changes in HA; you will be chasing modules and binaries and probably compiling some of them with every update. I used to ran HA from pip3 in an RPi2 with Archlinux and every update of HA broke something; a few months ago I moved to the docker version and updates are straightforward.

Life is much easier using the HA docker version or the HA OS on an SBC or VM.

I would not try to go that route. It is hard to keep dependencies up to date in unsupported platforms given the quick changes in HA; you will be chasing modules and binaries and probably compiling some of them with every update. I used to ran HA from pip3 in an RPi2 with Archlinux and every update of HA broke something; a few months ago I moved to the docker version and updates are straightforward.

Life is much easier using the HA docker version or the HA OS on an SBC or VM.

Thanks for the advice. So I thought about it, and since this was the second failed attempt to get HA working; I decided to go ahead and kill two birds with one stone and get myself a decent NAS that can double as the HA server.

Either way I get a fun toy to play around with. :)

Attachments

• 0CF11B02-6274-46C1-9230-EB39A5192FA0.jpeg
    0CF11B02-6274-46C1-9230-EB39A5192FA0.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 204

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!