1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Home network monitoring software

Discussion in 'General Network Security' started by jamesnmandy, Jan 11, 2019.

1. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Occasional Visitor

Can anyone recommend software (free preferred) I can install/run on my Win 10 laptop that will give me more detailed traffic monitoring than what I get just using the Asus router interface? Like I'd like to see, in real time, packet loss/data rate, etc... of each port on the AC68U's integrated switch as well as a Netgear switch that is fed off the router. Background monitoring would be nice too for troubleshooting connection issues over a period of days let's say.

My quick Google fu turned up Spiceworks as one option that may or may not do what I need. If there was something that was compatible with Merlins Asus firmware fork or somehow integrated with it that would be neat too. I am running that plus Skynet and Diversion currently.

Looks like Managengine OP Utils might also do what I want. Looking for feedback or recommendations.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. BeachBum

BeachBum Regular Contributor

Maybe LibreNMS might fit your bill?

jamesnmandy likes this.
  3. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Occasional Visitor

Any feedback on Wireshark?