What's new

Home network monitoring software

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jamesnmandy

Regular Contributor
Can anyone recommend software (free preferred) I can install/run on my Win 10 laptop that will give me more detailed traffic monitoring than what I get just using the Asus router interface? Like I'd like to see, in real time, packet loss/data rate, etc... of each port on the AC68U's integrated switch as well as a Netgear switch that is fed off the router. Background monitoring would be nice too for troubleshooting connection issues over a period of days let's say.

My quick Google fu turned up Spiceworks as one option that may or may not do what I need. If there was something that was compatible with Merlins Asus firmware fork or somehow integrated with it that would be neat too. I am running that plus Skynet and Diversion currently.

Looks like Managengine OP Utils might also do what I want. Looking for feedback or recommendations.

Thanks

Last edited: