What's new

Home Network Setup with DSL Modem and Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lallkopf

New Around Here
Hi,

I have the following Network problem. I have a DSL connection from German Telekom. I use a TPLink VR600v as a modem. After this modem I connected a TPLink VR2600v. Over the VR2600v I connect my mobiles, laptops... and my IP telephone (DECT). All my network should work under the same IP adress range. This is a picture of my setup:

ff1d105cd1c64eff8ab85332a3b10f65.jpg

• I handled everything to establish the VR600v. VOIP is also established on the VR600v and is working.
  • DHCP is set "On"

• The VR2600v is currently in Bridge mode connected via LAN (Connection is set to WLAN-Router. My problem is the VOIP installation on the VR2600v. I have no telephone access to the provider
  • DHCP is set "Off"

Can somebody advice me how to set up the VR2600v?

• Which Mode should it run?
  • LAN Cable should be connected to LAN or WAN?
  • DHCP set ON or Off?
  • Are there any settings for Port Forwarding?
  • Are there any setting for Virtual Server?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

I have the following Network problem. I have a DSL connection from German Telekom. I use a TPLink VR600v as a modem. After this modem I connected a TPLink VR2600v. Over the VR2600v I connect my mobiles, laptops... and my IP telephone (DECT). All my network should work under the same IP adress range. This is a picture of my setup:

ff1d105cd1c64eff8ab85332a3b10f65.jpg

• I handled everything to establish the VR600v. VOIP is also established on the VR600v and is working.
  • DHCP is set "On"

• The VR2600v is currently in Bridge mode connected via LAN (Connection is set to WLAN-Router. My problem is the VOIP installation on the VR2600v. I have no telephone access to the provider
  • DHCP is set "Off"

Can somebody advice me how to set up the VR2600v?

• Which Mode should it run?
  • LAN Cable should be connected to LAN or WAN?
  • DHCP set ON or Off?
  • Are there any settings for Port Forwarding?
  • Are there any setting for Virtual Server?

Thanks for the help.

Try the VR2600v set to AP Mode, if offered, wired switch-to-WAN (or LAN?). AP Mode will serve LAN and WLAN clients, and use the DHCP server in the VR600v router. VoIP registration(s) should be through VR600v firewall and public IP. No port forwarding should be required. Disable any WAN SIP ALG or SIP Passthrough setting on the VR600v.

OE

• DHCP is set "On"

Since the one device is nat'ting behind another - this is a problem with SIP, it need to hole-punch thru.

If the VR2600v has SIP-ALG function, this might help

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!