What's new

Home user, router to internet, max simultaneous connections testing?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EternalStudent07

New Around Here
Is there an easy way to find a good "max connections" value for a home router? I glanced at the SNB methodology pages, and realized they're way more than I'm able to do. And there hasn't been an update since 2016 on a new methodology or results (looks very expensive and special purpose anyway).

I have the Negear MK63 mesh system (MR60 + 2 x MS60) and use qBittorrent with it from my Windows 10 desktop, with Xfinity internet (XB6 modem with wifi turned off and firewalls disabled). The app has a lot of knobs I can adjust including the maximum number of various types of connections to allow. I've looked and qBittorent's setup info pages don't offer any suggestions for how to set those values. They have a wiki page, but it points at another page with a link that doesn't exist (into some API documentation for libtorrent).

I've used this stuff long enough to remember when Windows had a "half connections" limit, but I don't know how to empirically find a good value to use here. And my web searches have turned up nothing useful.

I can boot Linux off USB, or use WSL2 to run something from inside Windows if that helps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!