What's new

Homekit problems in AC-5300 380.69

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pitiriguisvi

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have a lot of issues with homekit and the asus AC-5300. Devices are connected well to 2.4Ghz wifi because asus show them in the client list, but i can not do nothing with homekit app because accessorys dont respond. Also, sometimes (5%) they respond and you can operate with them 1 or 2 minutes, after that they dont respond again. Is very frustrating.
Ive tryed everything, desactivating IGMP, shorting 2.4ghz wifi name, changing wifi channel and bandwith, opening ports... non of this seems to work.

Do you have any idea on whats going on here??

Thank you!

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm having similar issues!

the key thing to remember with HomeKit is that it's dependent on Bonjour (mDNS) - with that in mind - the .local Top Level Domain name is a reserved item, so if one names the Asus Router with something like ROUTER.LOCAL (not shouting), this can hork things up a bit. ROUTER.LAN is a better name there.

Another thing with HomeKit - keeping an older AppleTV (they're cheap) on the LAN is more than enough - AppleTV is a Bonjour host as well as client, and this works a long way towards keep HomeKit, AirPlay, and AirPrint settled if not using Airport as the primary router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!