What's new

Honeywell-My Total Connect Comfort Outage?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ApexRon

Very Senior Member
My Honeywell RTH9580WF ceased communicating with Honeywell at the end of last week. Anyone else having a similar issue?

I even tried another WiFi network to no avail. Researching messages on thermostat found that they may be bogus and Honeywell may have an outage.

My Honeywell RTH9580WF ceased communicating with Honeywell at the end of last week. Anyone else having a similar issue?

I even tried another WiFi network to no avail. Researching messages on thermostat found that they may be bogus and Honeywell may have an outage.

Honeywell did have an outage but it was cleared reasonably quickly.

I have a WiFi Honeywell thermostat and it some times has problems reconnecting if there is interuption to the WiFi network it connects to. The first thing I do if it reports a communication problem is PING it from network tools. If that doesn't work I pop the thermostat off its base then plug it back in.

Usually this resolves the problem. The thing to remember is even if the thermostat loses its communications it does continue to run its program.

According to my router connection log, the thermostat is attempting to connect to 199.62.84.151 thru 153. The IP is owned by Alarmnet aka Honeywell. As of this entry, I am unable to ping any of the addresses. So from my perspective, H still has an issue.

Sorry about the late update. Turns out Honeywell site was having issues and after a few days it cleared up.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!