What's new

Hopefully with release of TP-Link AXE300, Asus prices come down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marcus Yansen

Occasional Visitor
TP-link just released TP-Link AXE16000 aka AXE300 Quad-Band WiFi 6E Router on amazon (2* 10 GB WAN/LAN ports, 1*2.5 WAN/LAN, 4*GB LAN ports) - I hope this pushes down the prices of Asus's AXE16000 and ROG GT-AX 6000 a bit

shorturl.at/hmsDS

Last edited:
I hope it does too.

But anyone looking to buy the Asus router would probably not be also looking at the TP-Link model if they were knowledgeable about their differences.

I hope it does too.

But anyone looking to buy the Asus router would probably not be also looking at the TP-Link model if they were knowledgeable about their differences.
What's their differences? The SPEC is almost the same... (sorry I don't know a lot about router..)

What's their differences? The SPEC is almost the same... (sorry I don't know a lot about router..)
I mean I don't think their differences are night and day or always so.But like you I also don't have a ton of experience with both..However, for sure Asus pushes out more firmware updates, so makes more a secure router. And there are merlin firmwares which can make for an even better router. However, I do have the TP-Link Archer 4000, and it has performed extremely well in terms of signal distance, and stability. But it's not just here on snbforums, even on various review sites, Asus routers seem to outperform TP-Link in the exact same class..you can for ex check dongknows...

@yun, many reasons. Use Better Search (top of each page) to search for why RMerlin-powered Asus routers are superior to any other consumer router out there.

Specs don't mean too much either (particularly in the long term). A Corvette may be the superior rocket on any given day. I'd rather have something with soul though (and that usually means older models, not newer, for cars).

As much as I love what Asus has in terms of custom software and more frequent firmware updates, more competition in the space will always be a boon for consumers. E.g. pushing down prices or giving you better value per dollar. The GPU space is one such example with Nvidia, AMD and now Intel constantly innovating to bring us better products.

I think TP Link has the potential to be a serious contender. They're already doing pretty well in the enterprise networking space. The thing is they tend to launch bleeding edge products in their domestic market first, before it makes it to the US and elsewhere. I looked on AliExpress and found 10Gbe enterprise networking products and high spec (hardware/software-wise) AX/AXE consumer routers. Don't know what's their deal with that.

Seriously hope the consume router space doesn't become a monopoly like in 5G broadband cellular technology. Qualcomm's literally charging whatever price they want now that Broadcom and Huawei are out of the picture...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!