What's new

Host-Unique option request fof ASUS-Merlin Fw (ASUS RT-AC68U)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

badboyme

Occasional Visitor
Hi RMerlin,
today, navigating on Italian forum web site, i read about this news:

ASUS DSL-AC55u - FW: v1.1.2.2_17
================================
From Changelog:
---------------
Bug fixes and Enhancements:
- Added host-uniq option for ISP Vodafone in Italy.

Is it now possible to import that feature (HOST-UNIQUE for Italian ISP Vodafone) on Merlin FW for RT-AC68u ???

What is "host-uniq" exactly? Never heard of it before.

Hi guys,

Sorry to post in this thread, but I didn't want to create a new one and this one was the only thread that actually matched my search result on "DSL-AC55U" (https://www.asus.com/Networking/DSL-AC55U/). I'm having issues with my router and my Android Box and Smart Home Bell seems to have connectivity issues with my new Asus router. I appears that the bcast strength aint as good as I hoped. I also seem to have issues that the 5G wireless disappears at times.

Googling about the problem brought me to this site site, fixing issues with Asus Routers/Modems. From what I have seen in the download page of Merlin it appears to me that the DSL-AC55U is not supported. Is that correct? Will it ever be supported if not currently supported?

Again sorry for posting in this thread.

@ColinTaylor Thank you for advising. Did see a post that refers to the AC55U, which were an old thread. Thought the router is actually a new one, but then I also now found that the newer routers can't run the custom firmware.

I took a crack at adding host-uniq support on my 374 Merlin LTS fork, but have no way to test it. If you have a router supported by my fork (legacy models, for example AC68U A1/A2/B1 revs only), and would like to give it a try, drop me a PM.

Quick update: John gracefully sent me a build of 380.65 with host-uniq support, which I tested on my RT-AC68U. I was able to connect through PPPoE directly (gigabit FTTH) instead of having to go through my provider's router, and everything works perfectly.

Quick update: John gracefully sent me a build of 380.65 with host-uniq support, which I tested on my RT-AC68U. I was able to connect through PPPoE directly (gigabit FTTH) instead of having to go through my provider's router, and everything works perfectly.

Hi friend!
So you can connect directly to the Vodafone Italia FTTH network bypassing the orrible VSR (Vodafone's router) ??
It's a very good news!!
May I have the modded firmware created by John9527??

I will run to buy a new one ASUS RT-AC68U :)
What model or revision I need to install John/Rmerlin Firmware on Asus RT-AC68u ??

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited:
Hi friend!
So you can connect directly to the Vodafone Italia FTTH network bypassing the orrible VSR (Vodafone's router) ??
It's a very good news!!
May I have the modded firmware created by John9527??

I will run to buy a new one ASUS RT-AC68U :)
What model or revision I need to install John/Rmerlin Firmware on Asus RT-AC68u ??

Thank you all in advance.

Yes, it all works perfectly. As for the firmware, try direct messaging John - I prefer to avoid distributing FWs which are not mine. :)

Last edited:
Asus seem to have implemented it upstream in 382. I will eventually backport it to my build, no ETA yet.

Yes, it all works perfectly. As for the firmware, try direct messaging John - I prefer to avid distributing FWs which are not mine. :)

I have privately written to John and he sent me the link to download the modded firmware with Host-unique.
Thank you, NoSync.

Asus seem to have implemented it upstream in 382. I will eventually backport it to my build, no ETA yet.

This is fantastic!
I will wait for a next firmware release with host-unique backported into it.
Thank you RMerlin! ;):)

hello, i have the same request for a RT-AC87 U, anyone knows if the latest merlin firmware has the uniq tag avaialable? any friend using Vodafone FTTH is connecting directli to the ONT and can help me with suggestions about configurations?
thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!