What's new

How can I integrate a software into the firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tpxcer

New Around Here
I have successfully compiled the firmware, and now I need to integrate a software into the firmware.(I mean integrating into the firmware during compilation.)
I think I need to modify the code of the web page to add an entry point for the software, and then find a place to put the software executable file in the packaging directory.

However, I am not familiar with the directory structure of the source code, and I have not found any documentation. Can anyone help me?"

Last edited:
I have already read this wiki, but it does not contain the information I need.
That isn't something that can be explained in a single forum post. It requires you to become more familiar with the software infrastructure.

That isn't something that can be explained in a single forum post. It requires you to become more familiar with the software infrastructure.
Right, I plan to gradually learn and consult specific questions when I encounter them.

Hey i thought to ask it here and not create new thread :p

Its building for 30 minutes or so on ubuntu 20.04 and also got same on WSL / ubuntu 20.04

Bash:
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/sicco/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/bootloaders/armtf/arm-trusted-firmware-2.2'
  CC      lib/libfdt/fdt.c
cc1: error: /home/sicco/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/userspace/private/libs/wlcsm/include: No such file or directory [-Werror=missing-include-dirs]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[4]: *** [lib/libfdt/libfdt.mk:20: build/bcm/debug/libfdt/fdt.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/sicco/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/bootloaders/armtf/arm-trusted-firmware-2.2'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:69: armtf] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/sicco/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/bootloaders/armtf'
make[2]: *** [build/Makefile:206: atf] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sicco/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:5848: bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/sicco/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x'
make: *** [Makefile:6053: rt-ax86u_pro] Error 2

Get this with sometimes if i try to build... tried two different toolchains. Does somebody knows what can cause this issue?

Some commits i can build but some give me this error message. But maybe you re suggesting to ask in a other thread? Or maybe i misunderstand you. I wanted to try and figure out from which version i (and other people) get issues with perm arp

But maybe you re suggesting to ask in an other thread?
My question was supposed to be directed to the original poster of this thread…

(Probably should have replied to the first instead of the last post in this thread)