What's new

Solved How can I restrict Access to an AIMESH Node ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whydoesmyhearthurtsomuch

Occasional Visitor
I want only 1 person to use an AIMESH Node (an asus router) RT86U . Is there anyway of doing this ?. I am wanting everyone else to use the Main Asus Router, Not the Node, so have bound the 1 client to the Node, but now I have block any other client accessing
the Node. How is the Question ?

I am wanting everyone else to use the Main Asus Router, Not the Node

I also have a question for you:

If everyone else is going to use the Main Router (clients obviously in range), why do you need an extra Node??

I also have a question for you:

If everyone else is going to use the Main Router (clients obviously in range), why do you need an extra Node??

Because the clients concerned move around the Offices we have , and yet one of offices on floor above is largely out of range of Main Router and so dont want to overload that Node ,which is basically just about strong enough signal, as then will tip it to useless speeds. Thus want to restrict to the 1 person located there with a computer.