What's new

How can i use vpn server and vpn client at the same time for only selected devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nhan72nn

Occasional Visitor
I have Asus AX86U with Asus Merlin 386.7 firmware.
Right now i have setup VPN server with open vpn to help me remote the PCs when I am away from home; I also have IPvanish account; i would like to setup vpn clients on the router along side with vpn server; and would like the vpn client only applies to the specific devices; how can I do this; also, i wonder what if i am still able to remote my PCs thru vpn server or not,
Thanks you in advance

P/s: sorry, i found the way; but dont know how to delete the thread!

Last edited:
Instead of wanting to delete the thread, why not just post what you learned for future users with the same question? :)

Instead of wanting to delete the thread, why not just post what you learned for future users with the same question? :)

Hi, since i am new and never use VPN server and VPN client as the same time before. I just used VPN director to drive the traffic for selected devices thru vpn client tunnels.

I can see open VPN is much slower than Wireguard, therefore, I would like to setup VPN server and VPN clients with Wireguard, and can control the traffic for selected devices like I can do right now with VPN director. If you know the way, please help.
Thanks you in advance.

p/s I am using IPVanish

I would like to setup VPN server and VPN clients with Wireguard, and can control the traffic for selected devices like I can do right now with VPN director. If you know the way, please help.
Most of what you need is available by installing @Martineau Wireguard Session Manager from AMTM.

Information on how to do whatever you want:
https://github.com/ZebMcKayhan/WireguardManager/blob/main/README.md#table-of-content

WGM sets up a server on install, just create your clients to the server (Setup WG Server).

Then import your client .conf file from your provider(Import Client), setup the rules manually (Create rules in WGM) or clone them from VPNDirector.

Setup passthru to route server clients to your internet client (Route WG Server to internet via WG Client).

Most of what you need is available by installing @Martineau Wireguard Session Manager from AMTM.

Information on how to do whatever you want:
https://github.com/ZebMcKayhan/WireguardManager/blob/main/README.md#table-of-content

WGM sets up a server on install, just create your clients to the server (Setup WG Server).

Then import your client .conf file from your provider(Import Client), setup the rules manually (Create rules in WGM) or clone them from VPNDirector.

Setup passthru to route server clients to your internet client (Route WG Server to internet via WG Client).
thanks you so much for the help.

Helo folks, I managed to run WG, but all devices are routed through it. I tried the link above and tried

peer wg11 rule add vpn 192.168.1.44

But still all devices are routed

My current VPN director has this

1664349476744.png

I only want 192.168.1.44 to be under WG?

Any help

Helo folks, I managed to run WG, but all devices are routed through it. I tried the link above and tried

peer wg11 rule add vpn 192.168.1.44

But still all devices are routed
Peer might still be in auto=Y (all) mode. Switch wg11 to policy mode if you want it to obey policy rules:
Code:
E:Option ==> peer wg11 auto=P

Prefferrably the peer is stopped before this and started again after.

I never started in auto

Also, there is no GUI for WG in addons

I never started in auto
Ok, so if you manually start a peer that are auto=N it will typically start in default(all) routing mode.
To force policy mode when starting a peer:
Code:
E:Option ==> start policy wg11

Note:I didnt have time to go through the entire wgm threads, I just grabbed the command from an early post from @Martineau. Hoping the syntax have not changed.

Last edited:
thanks, wil play around