What's new

How come I have two 5GH SSID?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yonghong

Occasional Visitor
My router is N66U , I don't know what happened, one ssid is Yong-5G ,another is Yong-5G 2, how can I delete the second one, I tried both are working. Can you help me please? Thanks.

Attachments

• 屏幕截图(22).jpg
    屏幕截图(22).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 450
You could try looking under "Guest Networks" and see if you have one by that name that's enabled. If so, just disable it *smile*.

My router is N66U , I don't know what happened, one ssid is Yong-5G ,another is Yong-5G 2, how can I delete the second one, I tried both are working. Can you help me please? Thanks.

Are you sure it's not a network that was saved but isn't being broadcast anymore?

Use a tool such as InSSIDer to see what SSIDs are actually being broadcast, and also from which MAC address.

Hi,
If you don't know how you ended up with two SSID. Simple quick way is to reset the router to factory default and reconfigure. And see what happens.