What's new

How do I change the password on my AIMesh Node after the node is created

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Q05039

Occasional Visitor
I have just set up an AImesh system using two RT-AC68U routers. I updated the firmware on both and successfully created the node. However I forgot to change the password on the node from the default upon creating the node. Can I change the password of the AImesh node now that it is setup and working? When I try to log in to the AIMesh node it reverts to the main Wireless router. I can change the password on the main router but can't figure out how to get to the AImesh node. Also please confirm that changing the password on the main router does not automatically change it on the node.

When i run a scan under Air Protection it tells me the password has not been changed from the default.

Thanks for your help in advance!!!!

I have just set up an AImesh system using two RT-AC68U routers. I updated the firmware on both and successfully created the node. However I forgot to change the password on the node from the default upon creating the node. Can I change the password of the AImesh node now that it is setup and working? When I try to log in to the AIMesh node it reverts to the main Wireless router. I can change the password on the main router but can't figure out how to get to the AImesh node. Also please confirm that changing the password on the main router does not automatically change it on the node.

When i run a scan under Air Protection it tells me the password has not been changed from the default.

Thanks for your help in advance!!!!
You cannot log in to the webui on any AiMesh Node and will simply be diverted to the main router

The main router password is automajically synced to all AiMesh nodes when you change the main router password in the webui. You can thereafter access any of the nodes via SSH [assuming that is enabled in the main router's webui] and use the same master password that applies to the router for all nodes. Hope that helps.

You cannot log in to the webui on any AiMesh Node and will simply be diverted to the main router

The main router password is automajically synced to all AiMesh nodes when you change the main router password in the webui. You can thereafter access any of the nodes via SSH [assuming that is enabled in the main router's webui] and use the same master password that applies to the router for all nodes. Hope that helps.
Thanks for clearing that up! It was Air Protection that caused my confusion. When I do a scan in Air Protection is shows the first item as "red" and "danger" stating that the password has NOT been changed from default thus my concern and questions.

Thanks for clearing that up! It was Air Protection that caused my confusion. When I do a scan in Air Protection is shows the first item as "red" and "danger" stating that the password has NOT been changed from default thus my concern and questions.
Same here. The AiProtection showed "Change default username & password" as a task after I set a strong password (but used "admin" as username). After changing the username from admin to something else the warning went away

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!